Double mushroom eggs Florentine
European 15 Mins Prep · 35 Mins Cook
- Preheat the oven to 180°C gas mark 4. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rinse and wipe the Portobello mushrooms clean. Crush the garlic.
- Place the mushrooms on the tray. Drizzle 2 tbsp of the olive oil over the mushrooms and season well with salt and pepper. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes or until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, heat another 2 tbsp of oil in a medium-sized pot. Add the garlic and Swiss chard (or spinach). Sauté until the chard has wilted.
- To make the poached eggs, bring a pot of water to a boil. Add 3 tsp of vinegar (or lemon juice) and reduce the heat. Crack 4 eggs, one egg at a time, into a separate bowl. Swirl the water using a tablespoon and carefully slip the eggs one by one into the boiling water. Cook for approx. 4 minutes for soft poached eggs or 6 minutes for medium. Using a slotted spoon, scoop the poached eggs out of the water and drain slightly before placing on paper towels to drain.
- To make the hollandaise, juice the lemon. Finely dice the mushrooms. Heat the remaining oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Sauté the mushrooms until golden and cooked down.
- Place the cream, corn flour, 2 egg yolks, the remaining white grape vinegar and 2 tsp of lemon juice in a separate saucepan over low heat. Cook, whisking gently, for 1-2 minutes until thickened and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside. Whisk in the softened butter and sautéed mushrooms until combined, then season with salt and white pepper.
- Divide the chard equally on top of the Portobello mushrooms, followed by the salmon, then top each with a poached egg and spoon over the mushroom hollandaise sauce.
- Serve immediately.