سمبوسك فيتا ونعناع
Arabic 20 Mins Prep · 10 Mins Cook
- To make the dough, combine the cake flour, salt and fine grain white sugar in a bowl. Rub the softened, salted butter into the mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Make a well in the centre and stir in the water.
- Work the mix until a soft dough forms, then knead for about 5 minutes or until smooth
- Divide into 15g (walnut-sized) balls, place on a tray and cover. Set aside.
- To make the filling, combine all of the ingredients including the garlic clove in a bowl and season well with salt and pepper.
- To assemble, take a ball of dough and flatten it into a disc, either by hand or using a rolling pin. Holding the disc, place a teaspoonful of the spinach filling in the centre.
- Fold over one side and press the edges together to make a semi-circle, folding and twisting the edges over to give the pastry a finished look.
- At this point, you can choose to freeze the sambousek for up to a month.
- To cook, preheat a deep-fryer with oil to 180°C. Fry 4-5 of the sambousek at a time for about 5 minutes, flipping over halfway.
- Place the fried sambousek on paper towels to drain, then serve immediately.