بانا كوتا بالشوكولاتة البيضاء المكرملة والزنجبيل
- Preheat the oven to 150°C, gas mark 2.
- To make the panna cotta, chop the white chocolate.
- On a roasting tray, combine the chocolate and sunflower oil.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes until it’s a deep caramel colour. Don’t worry if it starts to look grainy and lumpy, keep spreading it out and it will come together at the end.
- Remove from the oven and place in a bowl and stir in the sea salt flakes.
- Combine the gelatine and 90ml water in a small bowl and set aside to absorb.
- Heat the cream in a small pot to just below boiling point.
- Stir in the gelatine until completely melted and pour over the chocolate.
- Let stand for 2 minutes then whisk in the vanilla and ginger.
- Strain the mixture into 6 x 250ml moulds and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.
- Peel and grate the fresh ginger and crush the cardamom pods.
- To make the syrup, combine the sugar and remaining water over a medium heat and cook, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved. Add the fresh ginger and spices and set aside until completely cool.
- Strain and set aside to serve.
- Dip the panna cotta moulds in boiling water for a couple seconds and unmould each onto serving plates.
- Drizzle with the ginger syrup and serve.