Miso and mushroom broth
Asian 5 Mins Prep · 35 Mins Cook
- Wipe the mushrooms clean. Peel and crush the garlic and ginger.
- Heat the oil in a large cast-iron frying pan placed over a medium heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the garlic and ginger and sauté. Add the mushrooms in whole and sauté for 5 minutes or until golden. Add in 1 tbsp of miso paste, soya sauce, palm sugar (or coconut sugar) and water. Sauté for a further 5 minutes or until tender and golden. Set aside.
- Place the stock in a medium pot and add in the rest of the miso paste. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Finely chop the chilli and quarter the lime.
- Add in the miso mushrooms, pak choi and red chilli. Cook for approx. 5 minutes or until the pak choi is tender.
- Divide the broth, pak choi and mushrooms between 4 bowls and top with the lime wedges. Serve immediately.