ديك رومي مع اليقطين والميرمية وحشوة الزبيب
American 15 Mins Prep · 25 Mins Cook
- For the stuffing, place a medium frying pan over a medium high heat. Drizzle with oil and sauté the leeks for 5 minutes or until soft. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the sultanas, pumpkin seeds, mashed pumpkin, lemon zest, sage leaves and breadcrumbs. Mix well and season with the salt and pepper.
- For the turkey, generously grease a large roasting tin with oil.
- Place the turkey breast on a board and gently remove the skin. Turn over and cut horizontally almost all the way through the thickest part of the breast and open up like a book, so that the turkey has a flatter, more oblong shape. Cover with a sheet of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until around 2.5cm thick all over.
- Place a sheet of cling film on a work surface and put eight pieces of kitchen string, each 50cm long, roughly 4cm apart along its length.
- Place the flattened turkey breast, smooth-side down, on top of the strings and arrange the filling all the way down its length. Bring up the cling film to enclose the filling and roll into a sausage shape. Secure the ends tightly and tie the string to secure the breast roll.
- Bring a large pot of water to a gentle simmer and place the breast roll in the water. Poach for 10 minutes then remove and allow to cool. Remove the cling film.
- Heat a pan over a medium heat with a little olive oil and fry the roll for 2-5 minutes, turning often until golden on all sides. Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- To make the buckwheat salad, place the buckwheat and water in a saucepan with the salt and bring to a boil. Cook for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and add the rest of the ingredients, seasoning well.
- Slice the turkey breast into 1cm thick slices and serve on top of the buckwheat.