We want to educate 1 million individuals about healthy and sustainable diets by 2023! Farm to Table is our first step towards achieving this target.
What is Farm to Table?
Farm to Table is a fun school learning programme made up of 5 modules, co-created with a range of experts from nutritionists to local farmers, to inspire the nation’s children to eat well and live well, for a sustainable UAE.
We are launching with schools in the UAE from September 2021.
What will we learn?
- How does my food get from farm to table?
- What is the journey of a blueberry from the desert to my plate?
- What could the future of food growing in the UAE look like?
- Why does eating well matter, for me, for my community and for the planet?
- What does eating sustainably mean?
- How can I cook a healthy and delicious meal?
- How can I make a difference with each plate of food?
Who is it for?
Farm to Table is currently designed for children aged 7-11 years, but is relevant for parents, teachers and all those in the community.
Why are we doing this?
We know it is no longer enough to just sell groceries! As a local supermarket we have a responsibility to contribute to sustainable food production and help improve the lives of citizens and residents; we hope this programme will play a part in supporting the UAE National Food Security Strategy, 2051.
Want to sign-up or find out more?
Get in touch at email@example.com.