Chicken mushroom and sprouts spring rolls
Chinese 20 Mins Prep · 30 Mins Cook
- Grate the ginger then combine it with the chicken, 2 tbsp of oyster sauce, 1 tbsp of sesame oil, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, sugar and corn starch in a zip-top bag or container.
- Shake the bag to fully coat the chicken and refrigerate to marinate overnight.
- Roughly chop the shiitake mushrooms and julienne the carrots.
- In a large wok or frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of sesame oil and sauté the chicken until golden and cooked through, approx. 5-10 minutes. Remove the chicken from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, shred the chicken, and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the mushrooms for 5 minutes before adding in the carrots. Sauté for 2 minutes or until the carrots are cooked but still crunchy.
- Wipe out any excess oil and dry fry the sprouts over a medium heat for approx. 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining oyster sauce and set aside.
- Transfer the filling to a large shallow bowl and allow it to cool.
- Heat the oil to 180˚C in a large pot or deep fryer.
- Combine the cornflour and water together in a small bowl.
- Lay one spring-roll wrapper, smooth-side down, on a clean surface forming a diamond shape, with one corner pointing down towards you.
- Spoon 2 tbsp of the filling on the bottom corner of the wrapper.
- Brush each corner with the cornflour mixture, then start rolling up from the bottom.
- When the filling is covered, pull the corners in from each side (to seal the ends as you go). Continue rolling until the filling is tightly covered, then press to seal the top corner. Repeat with the remaining wrappers.
- Fry the spring rolls in batches until golden and crisp, approx. 5-10 minutes.
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, honey, Sriracha, toasted sesame seeds and the remaining rice vinegar, and serve with the spring rolls.