Japanese 20 Mins Prep · 10 Mins Cook
- To make the tonkatsu sauce, whisk the tomato ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar 2 tbsp together and set aside. Do the same for the spicy mayonnaise: mix the Kewpie mayonnaise and Sriracha sauce and set aside.
- Lightly pound the chicken thighs to 2½cm thick and lightly beat the eggs.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Lightly season both sides of the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and coat in the cake flour. Dip the pieces into the egg and then into the panko breadcrumbs, making sure that both sides are coated. Repeat this process and double crumb until well coated.
- Fry the chicken until golden brown and cooked through, flipping once, approx. 2 minutes per side. Drain on paper towels.
- Spread the mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread.
- Add the chicken to one slice of bread, drizzle with the tonkatsu sauce, top with the lettuce and the other slice of bread and serve.