Italian 20 Mins Prep · 55 Mins Cook
- Peel and dice the onion.
- Slice the carrot into 5mm rounds.
- Slice the celery into 5mm chunks.
- Peel and finely grate the garlic.
- Remove the ribs from the kale and rinse.
- Drain and rinse the cannellini beans.
- Roughly tear the day old bread into large chunks.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized pot over a medium heat. Add in the onion, carrots, celery and garlic and sauté for 8-10 minutes, or until caramelised.
- Stir in the tomatoes and water and cook for a further 15-20 minutes or until reduced.
- Add the cannellini beans and kale and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Season well to taste.
- Place the pot in the oven and cook until the bread is golden brown and the stew is bubbling, approx. 10-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.