Veggie burgers with pumpkin bhaji and chilli jam
Indian 15 Mins Prep · 20 Mins Cook
- To prepare the bhaji, finely slice the leek (or one small onion) and chilli, peel and crush the garlic, grate the pumpkin and paneer. Juice the lime.
- Combine the leek, chilli, garlic, pumpkin (or butternut), and paneer in a bowl and mix in the flour, baking powder, turmeric, cumin, then the lime juice and add the water.
- Heat the oil to 180 in a deep-frying pan. Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes per side until golden and crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Slice the tomato and roughly chop the coriander.
- Brush the burger patties with the olive oil then grill for 2-3 minutes per side until charred and cooked through.
- Slice the burger buns in half then toast. Spread the lower halves with the mayonnaise, top with the burger patties, tomato slices, more mayonnaise and chilli jam. Finish with a sprinkle of the coriander.
- Cover with the top half of the buns and serve.